Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dear Retina,

I wanted to ask you this question today when you were helping me at the customer services counter at the Kroger on Broad:

Has anyone ever asked you if your name is pronounced the same way as the name for the light sensitive part inside the inner layer of your eye that is responsible for receiving light and transforming it into image-forming signals which are transmitted through the optic nerve to the brain?

Or is it Re-tina?

Anyway, I would have asked, but you seemed pretty irritated when you told me that next time I should just ask the normal cashier for stamps.






4 comments:

Bukes said...

Yes, yes. Please write more "Dear..." posts. They are fun.

Do you even take blog requests? I hope you do...

di said...

(stretching my fingers)

what can i do for you dear?

David Byrd said...

More writing please.

RBass3000 said...

My guess is that her older sister Tina died. Her parents had another kid. They named her Re-Tina.