Sunday, March 2, 2008

this just in

Apparently, Regency Square Shopping Center of Richmond, Virginia thinks the Easter Bunny lives in a giant purple tea kettle.

And, during mall hours, the 'Easter Bunny' patiently sits outside the front door of his giant kettle house on a painted white bench, and waits for children to climb up onto his lap and talk to him about god knows what.

All the while, two of his other stuffed rabbit guests enjoy a cup of afternoon tea in his backyard.

I don't even know where to begin.

5 comments:

not eb said...

I'm going to need to sit down.

Bukes said...

Oh man, Regency. Imagine a West End before the Short Pump Mall and Stony Point. Imagine Short Pump when it was just a small little water pump on a corner. And then you can imagine when Regency was the end all, be all. The place to see and be seen. I sat on many-a bunnies in that mall, and many-a santas, too. And I tell ya, if Regency thinks the bunny lives in a purple kettle, then by god, it lives in a purple kettle.

I also remember when the best movie theater in town was across the street: Ridge. I had my first kiss there. And my second job. I made 6 dollars an hour and wore a tie. I actually have a diorama of the place. I should show you.

Well, Ridge is now a parking lot and Regency is ghetto. That was my youth. In a nut shell.

di said...

Les, its like we are sisters from another mister.

My second job was at a movie theater.

I wore a bowtie.

I am building a diorama as I type this.

(tear)

Anonymous said...

I wish it said this instead:

"and waits for children to climb up onto his lap and talk to him about God."

RBass3000 said...

It sounds like you're hopping mad.