Monday, January 28, 2008

intellectual dodge-ball

I came to the realization today that choosing teams for class projects is just like choosing teams for elementary school gym class. As soon as the game (or project) is decided, everyone panics. Some people pair up with the person next to them out of convenience, others strategically scope out the room for their first, second or third choice, and the rest just try to look pre-occupied - without looking too pathetic - until they are called on.

I fall into the latter category.

However, I feel like I have the upper-hand this time around. Because what I lack in physical coordination and speed, I like to think I make up in mental prowess and stamina.

That, or the third choice was taken.

If any of my partners are reading this, I don't want to know.