Thursday, February 21, 2008

Brunswick Stew is People!

About a week ago, a professor at VCU Brandcenter - for anonymity sake, lets just call him Fark Menske - gave me an unusual gift.

A giant yellow can of stew.



Although a bit confused, I must admit I was more intrigued. I've heard great things about Brunswick stew. And, after trying it, I'm willing to bet money that Mrs. Fearnow - whoever she is - could take down Dinty Moore any day.

Much to my delight, I received another can of stew earlier this week.

However, after my third can yesterday, I couldn't help but start to wonder what was provoking this newfound stew-pushing.

I came to my conclusion today, after receiving the following insider scoop:

Apparently, every year, the professor in question rents a human-sized vat to make special stew for the annual Brunswick Stew Festival.

Thats right folks, 'human sized'.

My conclusion:

'Mrs. Fearnow' is the secret ingredient to last years stew.

'Fark Menske' is feeding me leftovers to plump me up for next years 'Ms. Brost's Delicious Brunswick Stew'.

Menske, if you're reading this, I know I'm not the best writer, but I like to think I've got, what they call in the biz, 'the Mox'.

Which also, coincidentally, makes for great seasoning.

Oh crap.


Please don't eat me.

8 comments:

Nate said...

At first i thought Fenske gave you the stew, but then you said "my professor is feeding me her leftovers to plump me up"

Also, I doubt Fenske would eat stew out of a can.

di said...

'her' as in Mrs. Fearnot.

I am the worst writer in the world.

not eb said...

proliferate. that's the word.

Bukes said...

It's been real, Di.

Nate said...

you're not the worst writer in the world.

Anonymous said...

who is "fenske?" I thought his name was "menske."

Anonymous said...

Mr. Menske... have you been pulling this ploy since 05 when I graduated?

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.